Thursday, June 6, 2013

What's this all about?

Well, here I am. 22 years old and still struggling with my weight. I'm graduating college in a month and I'll be finished with my education. Big events are coming up in my life too - a wedding? Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but maybe not. I've been with my boyfriend for almost 4 years now and we've talked about marriage a lot. But, one thing always creeps up in to my mind - my weight. I don't want to get married looking like this. I want to feel and truly look beautiful. Oh, yeah - one more thing: I want to wear my mother's wedding dress. This would normally be no problem except the fact that my mom was 110 pounds when she got married. There's no amount of sucking, tucking, or wiggling that could get me in to that baby. The only thing that is standing in between of me and that gown is about 40 pounds. "But, Jenn. How are you going to do this?" Well, let me tell you.

Am I a morning person? No. Am I a veggie person? No. Am I a exercising person? No. Am I about to be? YES. Here's the plan. Every single morning I'm going to get up and go for a walk. There is a plan for my workouts - a half marathon training program. I signed up for one in December and it takes place in August. Next, I'm going to drink a shit ton of water. You hear that people? A SHIT TON OF WATER. Then, I'm going to increase my veggie eating index. That shouldn't be hard since my current daily percentage of veggies is at zero. I've also researched buying a book called "The Fast Metabolism" and it is supposed to be a great way to kick-start one's metabolism and weight loss. I'm game for that.

This blog is going to be my daily accountability check to ensure that I'm walking, eating right, and drinking that water. I will post my walking route, my mileage, my time, my water count, and what I plan on eating that day. I will also talk about any problems that I'm having or any positive things that I have noticed. I'm excited for this to start. Here we go. Operation Skinnyfer has commenced. You ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment