Thursday, June 27, 2013

Week Five: This is becoming real.

It's 6:59 in the morning. Did she forget? Oh, I hope she forgot. Please, Lord, make sure she forgets. *Beep*, *Beep*,  *Beep*. Oh, crap! My alarm. I scramble to muffle it under my pillow and turn it off. There's a 10 second silence where I'm listening so hard that I swear I could hear my heart beat. *Tap*, *Tap*, *Tap*, *Tap*. Dang it. She's up. I slam my head in to the pillow in annoyance. The door creaks open. "GOOD MORNING, JENNIFER. This is your coach speaking, it's time to wake up. We've got work to do."

...that is what my mornings have looked like this past week. 7 a.m. wake up calls by my mother a.k.a the short, peppy version of Jillian Michaels. We've been walking around the block which is just short of 3 miles. I've been drinking, walking, dieting, and sweating my ass off. This is not fun, this is not pretty, and this better freakin' work.

This week, I've been getting really serious about the workouts, the diets, and the mindset. I'm down 2 pounds since last week and that is encouraging. I'm almost up to 8 glasses of water a day - I'm at 6 to 7. I've also begun reading the book. There's a lot of good tips in there and some really good recipes that are low fat, low carb, and low calories. Have you guys heard of a spaghetti squash? No? Good. Me neither. Well, it's really good. My mom and I made this recipe the other night and it was ten types of delicious. We also tried this recipe and it was EVEN MORE delicious. I swear some of the recipes that I've found in the book or online are even better than some of the fatty recipes that I used to make. You should try them!

Overall, this whole weight loss thing is becoming real. I have a real date, I hate a real deadline, and I have a real desire. I want to look and feel pretty on my wedding day. I want to wear my mom's dress. I want to be healthier. I want to be happier. 


Until next time - I can do this, I will do this - I promise.

1 comment:

  1. Jenn! Ahh spaghetti squash?! I love squash, I must try that. I have been looking for healthier food options this summer and it's difficult to find. I have tried a no carb, but I cant resist breads! Haha.

    ReplyDelete