Monday, June 17, 2013

Week Two: You Can Do Better Than That

There I was, sitting, watching Say Yes to the Dress being envious of all the thin girls and their beautiful wedding dresses and it hit me: "Me sitting here is the reason that I don't look like that." I walked up to my room, put on some yoga pants, my walking shoes, and grabbed my iPod. As I was walking out the door with "Tik Tok" by Ke$ha in my ears, I thought "You need to do this more often." Thus the new ritual began. Every day before my walk, I go up to my upstairs closet and look at my mom's wedding dress. I think to myself: "Am I ever going to fit in to this?", "Is it even possible for me to fit in to this?", "Yes, I'm going to freakin' do this."

I've been going longer lately: 3 miles to 3.5 miles. Just think people, I've only got 10 more miles to go until I'm ready for my half-marathon. HAHAHAHAHA. It's okay - you can laugh. Me laughing doesn't mean that I don't think I can do it - I just know it won't be some record breaking time. I'm just going to try my best and give it my all - that's all I can do.

I've been on my water-drinking game lately! BOOM! I've gotten myself up to 5-6 glasses a day which is saying something considering I was at like 1-2 Diet Mountain Dews and no water at all. I've noticed some changes that I think are related to the water drinking. I feel so much more clear. I don't know how to explain it. I feel like I can see better, I feel better, my skin looks better, and my eyes look brighter. Looking back my body was probably like "What in the hell does this little woman think she's doing trying to make me walk? I've got no water to sweat out!" My poor body - I'm treating you better you little nugget, don't you worry.

This week eating has been about the same. I've just been eating my yogurt, granola, and strawberry concoction every morning and my turkey sandwiches like it's my lunch duty. Momma is keepin' me in good health by introducing me to grilled vegetables and stuffed mushrooms. The grilled veggies I can handle but those mushrooms smell like boxer sweat and they taste like baby poo. Icky. But, either way, I'm trying to get those fruits and veggies and kickin' those carbs out!

P.S: I bought the book. Now, now - don't get too excited. I haven't even opened it. AY YI YI. I'll get there people. One step at a time - or if you read the last post, shall I say one bite at a time ;)

Until next time - keep faith, I'll get there, I promise.

4 comments:

  1. You are doing awesome! Don't sell yourself short on your accomplishments, you've already done what a lot of people don't and that's actually doing something about it. Keep going with your journey you're doing great! I'm glad you found a new ritual to keep you motivated, that's such an awesome way to make yourself get out there and achieve your dream. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the words of motivation! I really appreciate them. I'm getting up at 7am tomorrow and going for a walk - that will be fun ;) What do you do to get motivated in the morning?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds great! Definitely getting close to the right amount of water, a little bit more could help though. I believe the recommended amount of water for an active person is 8 glasses a day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brandon - Thanks! I've been working on it. Right now, I'm at about 6-7 glasses per day. Almost there! :)

    ReplyDelete